This page is currently being updated to reflect the recent changes and the introduction of Express Entry – please check back soon!
Visa Categories Canadian Experience Class
For people who have recent Canadian work experience or have graduated and recently worked in Canada
If you are a temporary foreign worker or a foreign student who graduated in Canada, you often have the qualities to make a successful transition from temporary to permanent residence. You are familiar with Canadian society and can contribute to the Canadian economy. You should have knowledge of English or French and qualifying work experience.
You must meet these minimum requirements to apply for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class. You must:
As a result of the Ministerial Instructions published on June 26th, 2010, all applicants will now be required to provide results from an accredited language testing agency, such as IELTS or TEF.
- plan to live outside the province of Quebec
- be either:
- a temporary foreign worker with at least one year of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada, or
- a foreign graduate from a Canadian post-secondary institution with at least one year of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada
- have gained your experience in Canada with the proper work or study authorization
- apply while working in Canada – or – within one year of leaving your job in Canada
For a full assessment of your eligibility, please click here.